Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Windows

Isn’t it amazing what a day can bring forth?  How about a week of synchronistic events?  I stand amazed by the power of creativity.

My week began with worry and frustration. I find it near impossible to create a good piece of writing while our financial ends wave at each other from across the creek.  I spend my time floundering for a paddle in which to connect them.  So I ask myself, how do I have a profluent life and still do what I love?  The answer comes in not one solution, but several. 

I woke at 3 am Tuesday morning fully alert. A near complete business plan in my head.  As an entrepreneur most of my adult life, I love contemplating new ideas.  I thought, if I can build several small businesses, the combined dividends of each will enable me to write and earn enough money to not sweat out the bills each month without consuming all my time and energy.

With my phone as a light, I scribbled notes down for an hour before I could rest again.  Excitement filled every cell and I was running on its energy and working hard to make the ideas come to life.  As I followed the call, numerous business owners expressed interest in my sales as a wholesaler which in turn, fueled my enthusiasm.

Then, like any good story, conflict enters and my character is challenged.  It won’t go.  I can’t do it.  It was probably a stupid idea anyway. I will have to go back to a job I don’t want to do.  I’ll not find time to write.  I won’t have money and we’ll probably lose the house.  Nice pity party, wouldn’t you say?  I sent myself to my room and began to journal.

Hope poked its head from behind the dark clouds of dismay.  A window opened and brought with it not only the fresh air of a new idea, but knowledge through the closure; I opened to a better idea.  Fantastic ideas are flowing and again I am filled with confidence.

My you find many windows in your life!

P.S. I’ll announce the new business ventures soon!
New Windows!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am excited about your new ventures and I'm here to support you. You go girl!